Friday, November 19, 2004

Laws I Would Think Up

I found these laws accidentally doing a search for something else. They are hilarious! (The site claimed they are all real.) Sometimes you gotta wonder about our elected officials.


- In California, it's illegal for a vehicle without a driver to exceed 60 miles per hour...
- In South Carolina, every adult male is required to take a rifle to church on Sunday in case of attack....
- In Maine, it's illegal to keep Christmas decorations up past January 14th....
- In L.A., California, a man can legally beat his wife with a leather strap, as long as it is less than two inches wide, or she gives him permission to use a wider strap.....
- In Arkansas, a man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month...
- In Mobile, Alabama, it's unlawful to howl at ladies inside the city limits, or wear pumps with sharp heels...
- In Dyersburg, Tennessee, it is illegal for a woman to call a man for a date...
- In Michigan, a state law stipulates that a woman's hair legally belongs to her husband....
- In Iowa, it's illegal to kiss longer than five minutes....
- In San Francisco, California, it's illegal to wipe one's car with used underwear....
- In Arkansas, flirtation between the members of the opposite sex on the streets of Little Rock may result in a 30-day jail term....

3 comments:

Cindy-Lou said...

If blog flirting was a crime we'd all be working on our third strike by now...

Katy said...

This has nothing to do with your post though KY has some pretty screwed up laws too.
But I just saw my link over there ---> and it cracked me up. Why be normal indeed!

snork

peachy said...

My dad's family is from the town next to Dyersburg. Basically, if you go "to town", you go to Dyersburg. I'm calling and finding out if they know anything about that law. I wish I had known, I would've found out myself on my way through there this summer. :)