Thursday, November 18, 2004

Bob's Big Boy Was Here

The Bob's Big Boy guy was here today. You know, the giant freaky looking boy statue that was the symbol of Bob's Big Boy. The same one that Dr. Evil used as a rocket ship in Austin Powers. Yep, he was here.

We have this service guy that comes in and he looks just like that Big Boy. All creamy faced and innocent looking. But looks can be deceiving. (Insert your favorite eerie music here.)

This was his 4th time doing work here. On his 2nd visit, (yes, just the 2nd time I'd met him) he was acting a bit peckish. At one point, he started freaking out and screaming at his laptop, swearing the whole time. Then he started swearing at his printer. Then he started to rip the paper from the printer and throw it as far as he could, balling up one page at a time and throwing it like he was pitching in the World Series. Then he started grabbing the printer to throw it, but I thought it best to intervene then. He looked at me like he was going to throw me, then he calmed down and finished getting the printer to work. It took about 2 minutes of focus to get it working. ???

Another service person told me later that old Bob is like that a lot. Now, we are new to him, and this got me wondering about what he does in places he's been to more than twice. What does he act like when he's really comfortable at an account elsewhere?

I can see him now, kicking back with his feet up, popping the top on a brew, starting the printer, having it jam up and whipping out his shotgun to blast the confurned gadget into oblivion! Scary.

Looks can be deceiving.

On the way out of the facility, he started telling me that he got engaged and how he was looking forward to the wedding. Hmmm... methinks that woman hasn't seen the Mr. Hyde part of him or he maybe doesn't act that way with her. A mystery, for sure.

But what I want to know is; who would want to have Bob's Big Boy in their wedding pictures?

4 comments:

peachy said...

I'm raising my hand shyly. Now I wish I had seen him. Let me know when he comes back in.

Cindy-Lou said...

That is so funny, I would absolutely love to see someone throw that kind of fit. I wouldn't have stopped him, I would just watch to see where it headed.

Oddgirl said...

I have never had any kind of Big Boy restaurant experience. I wouldn't want him in a wedding picture. The closest I can come to that is the picture of Michael and I with Mr. Potato Head. Yeah, I fear I have said too much already.

I hope one day to have my picture taken with the sausages from Miller Park. :)

Yankeebob said...

Ok Nina, you know we are all going to have to see this Mr. Potato Head picture. (I love Mr. Potato Head by the way.)

Yeah John, it was a slow place. Maybe that's why they aren't seen as much anymore?