Saturday, November 06, 2004

Saturday Work Fun

So here I am at work for the second Saturday in a row. Finally taking a break, sucking down a Mountain Dew and an awesome Dolly Madison Cake. It's funny how a schedule affects your eating habits. I eat far more junk food at work than I ever do at home. Tonight I'm looking forward to tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Yum! (One of my favorite meals, by the way. And I don't even like tomatoes.) That's healthier than this break junk anyway.

We have a guard here that lives with a phone in her ear. Last week my partner and I were in and we noticed the same guard was constantly on the phone. From the time we got in early in the morning until we left, she was on the phone. Even the couple of times we went through the lobby where the guard station is. We thought it was strange, but now it appears to be a regular thing with her. She has not put down the phone all day, except to make her rounds. I thought that would be the time she had to take a break from gabbing, but alas, I was mistaken. While she makes rounds, she switches to her cell phone and talks with ear-pieces in her ears. I find this weird. Who can you be talking with all day? I would hope it's more than one person. If not, there are two phone junkies in the area. That would be even weirder.

It's nice being here alone. (Except for Gabby Hayes) I've gotten much more accomplished today than I normally would. I wonder if I could switch to all weekend work? I could do 40 hours on the weekend. Then no one would bug me and I could get much more done. The boss wouldn't go for that, I'm sure. Our group interacts with all the other groups, so that part would be missed. Oh well.

Well, no more time for blog fun. Time for the worst part, the paperwork. It's always the most tedious, boring, annoying part. But as the old saying goes, if it wasn't documented, it never happened. For today, just call me Joe Document.

2 comments:

Cindy-Lou said...

That guard either has a fear of being alone or doesn't trust her boyfriend. Haha.

peachy said...

Three words:
Free weekend minutes.

HA!!HA!!