Wednesday, November 10, 2004

More Stuff I Just Don't Get.....

.....another addition to the ever growing list.....

- Super Pointy Women's Shoes

What is the deal with those super pointy high heeled shoes I see women wearing? To me, they are pretty goofy looking. They make a foot look like a foot and a half. Back in my old neighborhood, they used to say shoes like that were used for cornering bugs and killing them. They look like they would be hard to walk on, too. Sort of a lift at the end of every step, like a bird or something. I bet they would be great for self defense, though. Especially the ones with metal toes. That would hurt to be kicked with those.

- Political Debates

I kept hearing during the campaign season that the candidate's debates usually don't have any effect on the election. If that is so, why have them? They just interfere with other shows that people want to watch. And no matter what, afterward the talking heads side with their guy to say he won. Maybe they should just have the candidates duke it out instead. That I would watch. Actually I would pay to watch a good kick ass fight between 2 geeky presidential candidates. That would be something to see.


- Nicky Hilton, Todd Meister End Marriage

"It's splitsville in Sin City. Hotel heiress Nicky Hilton and New York businessman Todd Andrew Meister have officially ended their brief marriage.

A Las Vegas judge on Tuesday granted the newlyweds an annulment, according to a joint statement issued by the couple's representatives." (From MSN)

Why do these people even bother? They should just boink until they are tired of each other. That seems to be about the length of time they stay together. Then they could skip all the legal stuff.


- Why are gold & diamonds still so valuable?

These things are called 'precious' (like the one ring?) because of their rarity. They are awesome to look at, but rare? I wonder any more. We keep digging them up, refining and polishing them and then flooding the market with them. How can they still be so rare if production is ongoing? I though it was a supply and demand thing that made things valuable. Seems like the supply is pretty good.

- How did booze get invented?

I wonder who the first person was who thought up the idea? It's an awesome idea, but to intentionally ferment something so you can get a good buzz going, that takes some kind of planning. I bet there is some kind of scientific story behind the whole thing, but right now I prefer to wonder.

- Donald Trump doing CarFax ads

I know Donald Trump is a famous guy and that CarFax is very valuable to used car buyers but how can anyone take seriously the idea that 'The Donald' is looking to buy a used car? I seriously doubt that he ever needs to look at a CarFax report. The only fax he needs to see is the window sticker that tells him his New Car has all the options that can be lumped onto one vehicle. Now, when it comes to price, I bet he has his own idea about what a CarFax should say.

- The Over the Glasses Look

Why do people who wear glasses almost always look over top of their glasses to talk to you? You know, the way they keep their head down, but the glasses are low enough so that they just move their eyes up to see you. Or they keep the glasses toward the end of their nose and intentionally bend their neck to look over the frames.I thought they wore glasses so they could see better. Maybe they are annoyed and don't want to see the person they are talking to clearly? It's kind of an effective way to put someone on the defensive though. Sometimes I wish I had that option, but I am thankful that I don't need glasses.

7 comments:

peachy said...

Pointy shoes-if they're in fashion, I wouldn't know. I'm not a big shoe person.

The Hiltons-who cares?

The glasses thing- I think people do that when they want to say 'you're crazy!', but they are too scared to actually say that to you.

Gold & diamonds- I honestly prefer silver, but when I get that diamond, I have a feeling I won't turn it down. hee hee. It's definitely not rare.

a beer sort of girl said...

The glasses thing is not related, in any way, to vision. It is a behavioral signal that this person thinks something negative. Like rolling eyes.

Pointy shoes are the work of the devil. Hate hate hate hate them. I know they're 'fashion,' but I still think they are ridiculous. And even more so when worn with jeans!!

Cindy-Lou said...

Hey YankeeBob, you crack me up.

grace said...

pointy shoes are bad. well, i wouldn't know. i don't own any. i don't like them, though. then again, i'm kind of fashion-retarded.

i would also like to see a real face-bashing between presidential candidates. i think that would be kickass.

stupid hiltons. i'm just jealous because they're rich and i'm not. and i should be. because i'm smarter than they are; therefore, they should give me their money.

gold is valuable? i thought gold was out. isn't platinum more valuable than gold, anyway?

liquor is a beautiful thing. it never needs to be questioned.

i don't care what donald's doing. as long as he's making more money to put into his "new hair fund."

i think the over the glasses look is because the person wearing the glasses is far-sighted and too lazy to take off their reading glasses. so they just look at you over the top... i could be wrong, though.

SJ said...

What *is* it with those long shoes? They make women look like clowns, for crying out loud...

Me said...

BOOZE TOPIC:

Omg... how ironic that my 8 year old JUST ASKED ME THIS TODAY. She wanted to know how and why anyone ever thought of making beer.

MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

I would like to have a beer while wearing my pointy shoes and using them to repeatedly kick the "That's Hot" Hiltons in the head for looking over thier glasses at me!