Monday, January 24, 2005

Accept No Substitutes

Did you ever have a craving for something and then settle for something else? That never works out. I have this craving for a cinnamon raisin bagel. It's been bugging me for a couple of days. This morning I went to the lunch room machine and they didn't have any. Only a plain bagel was available, so I got it. What a mistake. It was totally unfulfilling. It also gave me indigestion. (Just a little.) Now I want a cinnamon raisin bagel even more.

Moral of the story: don't accept a substitute for something you are really craving. It won't satisfy you and it will just give you indigestion plus make you fatter by now having two, one substitute and one you really wanted in the first place.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Except if you are married and the thing you are craving is the chick from the grocery store and the present substitute is your wife.

Peeved Michelle said...

That was me. I didn't mean to be anonymous.

peachy said...

I wish I could find a substitute to do my work for me.
Sorry about the bagel. Maybe I'll ask Kristina to pick one up for you at the store tonight.

grace said...

it never works. i mean, i've tried to substitute my french fry craving with carrot sticks. TOTALLY DOESN'T WORK!

Oddgirl said...

Yeah, that has never worked for me either. The only substitute that could come remotely close is raisin toast. Good Luck on the hunt...:)

Madley said...

I agree the person ahead of me -- if it's a real live craving, nothing will satisfy it. I always cave into my craving for Baskin-Robbins Cappucchino Blasts (drive-thru no less), and contrary to what I was hoping -- the craving no goes away. Hmm... at what point do I need to attend another 12-step program?

Jody said...

You got that right. Nothing, but nothing, will make a craving go away except what you crave. I have found that it is best to give in gracefully. :)