Friday, January 14, 2005

Someone's Reality, But Who's?

Last night I was flipping through channels and when I checked out VH1 there was this weird show on. It was goofy as hell. This new show had Bridgette Nielson, her 25 year old fiance, and Flava Flav in it. Apparently it is some kind of reality (?) show where Bridgette is engaged to this young guy and Flav is chasing her around Europe trying to win her away from him. (It sounded like Italian, so I'm going to say they were in Italy, at least last night.) This is the new reality for VH1?

First, I have to say that the young guy did not, by any means, seem the least bit interested in Bridgette. He just seemed bored.

Second, Bridgette looks rough! Who is supposed to believe that that young, good looking guy is engaged to her?

Third, who could possibly put up with Flava Flav for longer than 10 minutes at a time? That guy is sooo obnoxious, he would need valium to bring him down to 'normal people' level.

This has to be the most far fetched, unbelievable, worst acted show I've ever seen. The 'Fiance' looks totally disinterested, Flav is totally out there and Bridgette looks like she's their Grandmother. No way could anyone believe they have a love interest in her.

I've been thinking reality TV (so called) is going too far. After hearing about the plans to have guys competing for the right to be a woman's sperm donor, I thought they couldn't get weirder. Shows what I know.

You gotta see this one to believe it. I couldn't take more than 10 minutes. Good luck.


***I wrote this post earlier today, but somehow saved it as a draft instead of actually posting it. Duh!

8 comments:

Lars said...

I watched the whole season of Surreal Life with Brigette and Flava Flav and, though she is revoltingly distgusting, flavor flav is HILARIOUS, though he does need to tone it down a lot some times, and he's not someone I'd hang out with reguarly, but he was fun to watch on TV.

MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Okay, the new season of the Surreal Life is too funny (so there has only one been one episode so far, but I almost peed my pants it was so funny)! Mini-me (Verne Troyer) got WASTED and then passed out. Then got up and was naked on his scooter and peed in the living room!! And he was still drunk. It was so friggin' funny!

And I am totally intrigued by Celebrity Fit Club.

Perhaps the other show would be more believable if Brigette Neilsen wasn't A MAN!!

Anonymous said...

although my ability to watch any tv that isn't on nickelodeon is very few and far between, when i do get to tune in, i usually choose something fairly easy on the brain. yes i have seen several episodes of last season's surreal life. much like a train wreck that you just can't take your eyes off, i watched in astonishment as brigette and flava developed some strange kind of 'love' relationship. he not only is the size of a 12 year old but often acted like one....perfect for brigette who must have some kind of domination thing going on and could smother him in her boobs if they were close. he did however truly seem to like her and appeared to be the type to treat her with respect and shower her with all the things chics like. ......totally bizarre. i did see a preview for the show your talkin about bob and did not realize there was a fiance since on the surreal life that i caught, she actually seemed interested in him as well. i must tune in. please let me know the time and channel. god i love my dish. by the way, i didn't mean to post this anonymously but too late now. Susie

Yankeebob said...

OK, I did watch several episodes of The Surreal Life and it was kind of addicting. Plus, I have a (small) crush type thing for Ryan Starr.

Flav didn't seem as obnoxious after a few Surreal shows. Bridgette was gross the whole time. This new show, yikes!

So Lars, you wouldn't have Bridgette and Flav over for dinner?

Veronica, your may be rare in this world indeed.

Mel, I forgot the new season was starting. Isn't there one of the Go Gos on this year? I'll watch just for that reason. Sorry I missed Mini-Me getting wasted.

Hey Suz! Good to hear from you. Great description of the reality that is The Surreal Life. I do watch it when I notice it's on. I'll let you know about the new show. I found it via Internet. It's called "Strange Love". No doubt!

Munch said...

I liked American Idol and I would consider that reality tv. I also liked surreal life as well. I'm a sucker for some reality tv but some are stupid. I watched this one about dating my mom and I thought okay - Time to turn this thing off.

Yankeebob said...

Autumn, I like American Idol for the first few weeks. The tryouts and the stinky singers are so fun to see. Afetr they got to the 'good' singers (so called) I get bored. They're all just the same anyway.

El Sid, I freakin love The Pretenders and Middle Of The Road is my all time favorite song. I shall sing, dance and make merry in honor of 80's Night Of Doom. (Truthfully, I sing that song a lot anyway, so it's not a hardship.)

grace said...

at my bachelorette party, we ran into webster from the first season of the surreal life at the palms. i guess they were there taping the show. and we were SO effin' obnoxious. well, to be honest, i don't actually remember a whole lot from that night... but i heard that we were pretty obnoxious :P

Yankeebob said...

Geez Grace, I hope you didn't hurt the little guy too badly when you ran into him.