Sunday, January 16, 2005

The Manliness Continues...

My trip to Starbuck's this morning was interesting. (Sorry Suz, I used the "S" word again) I got there at about the same time I usually do on weekends. As I stood around talking to the Barrista, I noticed that there were no women there. None. None working, none visiting.

I think that's kinda weird. There were 3 guys working. There were quite a few patrons. 2 guys sitting at tables. A line of about 5-6 guys. But no women.

I guess today is a manly coffee day. Maybe women are skipping coffee today, or at least skipping Starbuck's coffee today. (I know better Meritt.)

At any rate, I don't think I liked it much. Unlike other manly guys, I prefer the manliness to include women. So hopefully my next visit won't be so testosterone laden.

5 comments:

Me said...

LOL and almost spit out my coffee.

I read that line as I was literally cupping my big old mug between both hands and sipping. It almost came back out. :)

Yes... coffee this morning. Not Starbucks though (too far away to go on an average morning although I do have a $10 gift certificate and a really cool Starbucks travel mug!) "Foglifter" by Millstone this morning. Black "Friends" style mug that says C*H*I*C*A*G*O on it.

grace said...

do you go to starbuck's every morning?

you know they put crack in their coffee, don't you? :P

Cindy-Lou said...

Mmmmmmm........coffee.........

Yankeebob said...

Yeah Meritt, I knew you wouldn't skip morning coffee. (Me neither.)

Grace, I go every weekend morning to Starbuck's. Also, when I have days off. It's far too expensive to go daily. Maybe after I win the Lottery, I can do that. (Maybe it's the crack that drives the cost up?)

CL, are you a coffee junkie too?

Ian, as usual, nothing gets by you. :)

Anonymous said...

AAahhh! Stop the insanity. Crack...probably....too expensive....definitely....nothing but males....sign me up. no seriously. my regular customers, probably 80% male, always gave me a hard time about the fact that i too had a high male customer base. they suggested i brewed vanilla or cinnamon flavored coffees more often which drew the men in since it's supposedly an aphrodisiac. they also suggested when i sat next to the window to wrap product or do inventory that i was somehow doing some teasing thing out the window which brought them in. i certainly didn't mind it but i think maybe more men prefer the quick, make it for me fix of the coffee shop whereas women may make their own in the morning. who knows. very strange however that men were working and women weren't coming in. were they not at least morning eye candy? and if i must endure anymore S***bucks blogs on here, i may get tude. thank you for your time in this matter. Miss Q Cup