Thursday, January 13, 2005

What Will This Day Bring?

OK, I'm in a very strange mood today. I can't promise what mayhem will ensue around me, but I'll let you know. For starters, I decided to conduct an experiment in peoples observation levels. I'm wearing 2 totally different shoes. Yep, I'm at work in a (supposedly) professional atmosphere, but my shoes do not match in any way. We'll see who notices.

I guess I'm in a good mood since last night. My Uncle was hospitalized with a mild heart attack the night before and when I visited yesterday (yep, YB is living in hospitals this past month) he is in great shape. They found some kind of clot in an artery, cleaned it out and say he'll be 100% in no time. Good news. My Uncle is the greatest guy, bar none, I've ever had the priveledge of knowing. The only real father figure I knew growing up. So this morning, some worry is gone, which always is a boost. I think I'll pass it on today.

Any people tests you wish to pass on, today is the day for it. I'll be looking over Meritt's list for some help. All in all, this should be a good day.

9 comments:

peachy said...

HA!!HA!!
I never look at people's shoes, but I'll look at yours today. I won't tell anyone.

peachy said...

Oh, and glad you're uncle is doing ok. Yippee!!

Yankeebob said...

Maybe I should wear a button or something mentioning shoes? Just to make sure someone looks.

Me said...

If I worked there...
I would tell you.
:)

I went to school (again) this morning in my socks and pajamas. I always hope (and pray?) not to have the minivan break down on the way there or back and have to be standing out in the street in my socks in -20 degree weather. Ha ha. I think someone might notice that one.

I'll be checking for updates today as to your shoe situation (and anything else on the list you want to throw in there).

Yankeebob said...

Well, so far only blog readers have noticed. (Only 3 here.) I've been walking around everywhere this morning. It sounds funny. One shoe sounds different from the other. If nothing cool happens by lunchtime, I may have to call attention to the shoes somehow.

JK said...

Bob is cool. Who has more fun than you? I would say not many.

peachy said...

I have to tell you guys, Bob's shoes don't look that different. They are both brown, docksider style, but one has teh threading exposed and the other doesn't. One is a little darker than the other also. It's not like he's wearing a flat and a pump or a stiletto. hee hee. But, we'll see if someone notices anyway. It's still funny.

grace said...

yb, you're funny :P

SJ said...

This is an excellent experiment. You should also raise the bar by wearing your pants backwards...