Saturday, January 08, 2005

Fat Heads Day

Have you ever called someone Fat Head? Try it. It’s a fun thing to say. “Hey you, Fat Head!” For some reason I recently discovered that like I that name. It encompasses a lot of things.

Like the obvious issue of someone acting like a jerk, “What a Fat Head!” Or someone who does something dumb, “Geez, Fat Head!” Or the one I use the most, the idiot driver, “Outta my way Fat Head!” “Where’d you get your license, Fat Head School!?!”

It’s not necessarily a bad term either. If you’re goofing around with a friend, you can call him/her a Fat Head and they’ll just call you something back. (I believe guys are more prone to this type of ranking, but I’ve heard girls doing it too.) Or you could be with a friend and they could do something silly. Then you can tell them they are being a Fat Head.

I don’t think there’s any way that referring to someone as being Fat Headed can be positive though. If someone is Fat Headed in your mind, then they probably aren’t your favorite person. Or if something is Fat Headed in your mind, it’s probably not your first choice.

Sometimes you can just feel Fat Headed. There are some mornings where my brain just doesn’t start up quickly and I’ll think to myself, “Am I going to be a Fat Head all day?”

Over all, I think it’s not that bad a thing. There are worse insults to be made. There are worse to be had. There are better compliments in the world too. (Who wants to be told they have a good looking fat head?) Generally, it’s a fun term and I use it quite often, mostly just in my mind. Telling a Fat Head that they are a Fat Head could get me a bump on my Fat Head, so I’ll keep it mostly to myself. But you never know just what I’m thinking, so don’t be a Fat Head around me. You may be paying for it somewhere in the darkest reaches of my Fat Head. ;)

4 comments:

Cindy-Lou said...

I don't know, Fat Head doesn't seem to roll off the tongue. I'll give it a try though. Fat Head.

Peeved Michelle said...

I tend to throw around "assfucker" as if it were an insult, but really I think most guys are like, "Yeah, so what about it?"

Yankeebob said...

Yeah Jody, fat ass is a little worse than fat head.

Meritt, I still use that too, just when I'm reallt losing it.

So CL, was it good for you?

Ian, the first time I heard it was in an old movie made sometime in the 1940's. An old gangster movie. (Not gangsta.) Go ahead and give it a go though. It gets to be habit forming.

Yeah Michelle, that's how I would respond to that one. ;)

Cindy-Lou said...

Yes, YB, and I'll start spreading the rumors to that effect right away.