Wednesday, January 12, 2005

The Promised Office Affair Update

I guess I get behind with this (continued from this post) because I feel a little guilty telling everyone. Also, there just isn’t too much to tell from week to week. At any rate:

I walked by cg’s (cheater guy) cubicle and cgrl (cheater girl) was there, as usual. I remember thinking as I went past, “OK, she’s standing right up against him at his desk. Yo, that cubicle doesn’t hide you that well, especially when people are walking by!” She really was standing tightly against him as he was sitting there, leaning over his shoulder, looking at something on his computer screen. When I got near, they started talking business. I know they were faking it because I was standing a short distance away for a few minutes and they weren’t talking business then. The volume went up as I approached. The quiet laughs stopped.

One of the ladies in this building headed back to the kitchen area to heat up her lunch yesterday. When she got close to the door, she heard cgrl saying “…is just like the other night when we had to hide from…” She said when she heard those words, she just turned around and left, waiting until they left the area.

During a meeting we had last week they sat next to each other and their knees touched the whole time. The end of the table is round and I was to the right of them, so I could see clearly. When she sat down next to him, she slid her chair right up against his and they moved closer so that their legs were touching from the knees down. I remember doing things like that. It is cozy, especially when you think you are getting away with something.

One of the Engineers said he thinks they’re dating. He watched them chatting quietly at cg’s desk, then they went around the corner where it’s more private, to cgrl’s desk. Engineer guy just looked around and said “I think they’re dating.” I guess it’s obvious to everybody now.

During the Holidays, it was so obvious when they both had the same days off. The one day cg came in (in the middle of the week for some weird reason???) he came into our area, grabbed some coffee and slyly mentioned that he hadn’t seen cgrl yet. He wanted to know if we had seen her. I wanted to answer that I hadn’t seen her since the day before, knowing that they both were off with the same weird schedule, just to see his reaction. Before I could, she came walking through and he followed her down the walkway. Drats! Foiled again!

I need to plan some good lines like that so that when the opportunity arises, I’m not stumbling around with it. It should sound natural, assuming I don’t laugh first.

I wonder if they really think no one is onto them?

6 comments:

peachy said...

I like engineer guy. So clueless, yet so in the know. :)

grace said...

it's funny how everyone knows but they think they're being SOOOO slick. people are effin' clueless...

grace said...

and where the hell did all these posts come from? i have GOT to remember to "refresh" jeez. i thought it was weird that i hadn't seen anything new from you...

JK said...

IF you were one of their supervisors you could ask them if they were woking on a project or something, because you noticed they have been around eachother quite a bit lately. I suppose you would sound like a bit of a jerk, but it would be funny to see how either of them reacts.

Jody said...

I'm with the anonymous notes. Just to watch them freak out. See if they make any office changes. Oh, what fun!

Rob Burton said...

Ahh loves sweet vacuum, that frission when you see each other and exchange glances, sweet talk and touches and you think nobodies watching. FOOLS WE watch everything, all the time, what else is there to do in the office except work and blog?