Saturday, January 29, 2005

Battlestar Galactica

I just wanted to take a moment this morning to say how much I like the new Sci-Fi series Battlestar Galactica. It’s pretty darn good!

I was really psyched when I heard they were making a mini-series. Then I was worried because I saw that Starbuck and Boomer were women in this version. I was a huge fan of the original and wasn’t too sure about those changes, but as it turns out, it doesn’t make any difference. They are still both great characters.

Just like in the original, Starbuck is my favorite character. Maybe I like this version even better. I like a woman who kicks ass like her. Plus, I’ve always been an Edward James Olmos fan. They even had Richard Hatch (the original Apollo) in an episode. That was cool. I wonder if it’s a recurring role?

Basically, I guess I’m recommending it to those who haven’t seen it yet. Its much more character focused, so don’t let the sci-fi part scare you away. Now I have 2 ½ shows to keep me distracted a bit until Baseball season.

The other 1 ½ shows I like are Desperate Housewives and Point Pleasant. Desperate Housewives is great. Point Pleasant has potential. I know Karen and the other Jersey folks don’t like how it’s not true to Jersey, but I’m giving it a chance because Marti Noxon is producing and writing it. Any Buffy and Angel fans know who she is. It hasn’t been terribly great yet. It also hasn’t been too bad either. But then again, Buffy’s first season wasn’t all that great either. I’m hoping this one will get better. If not, cie le vie. Baseball is just around the corner anyway.

3 comments:

SJ said...

Well we here in Australia are just about to get Battlestar Galactica, and I'm looking forward to it. But I am worried about Starbuck being a woman. Really worried. Please tell me her and Apollo don't get it on...

And please tell me the Cylons still say "By your command"...

Brom said...

It's yet to make it over to the UK, havn't seen amy references to it yet, but I'll keep looking.

"By Your Comand" I forgot that one!

Great Site Mr YankeeB

cat said...

marti noxon killed buffy. to her i say "hissssssssssss!" and bare my claws!

sigh.. i really miss buffy... and angel.. and good tv.