Thursday, January 27, 2005

Randy Johnson, Super Pitcher

I saw this poll on Yankees.com that showed most people think RJ will win 20 games or more this year. Those people are goofy! He's 41, coming back to the A.L. and just not as sharp as he once was. He'll definitely get more run support than last year. I think he'll win more than 15. I hope he wins more than 20, but the odds are he will not be as effective in the A.L. I sometimes wonder just how Baseball savy the Yankees.com readers are.

We can dream though, can't we?

Poll from Yankees.com:

How many games do you think Randy Johnson will win this year?
22 or more
10216 votes (27%)
20-21
10757 votes (29%)
18-19
9467 votes (25%)
15-17
5027 votes (13%)
Fewer than 15
2191 votes (6%)

37658 people have voted so far





1 comment:

Oddgirl said...

He's an excellent pitcher that played for the Arizona Diamondbacks. Unfortunately, he's also a big cry baby...I would say I hate to see him go, but that's not the case.

When people start whinning and bitching about making millions of dollars a year doing something they love and are awesome at, there is a problem. Randy, I'm sorry you didn't win another world series ring this year, I'm sorry you had a perfect game, I'm sorry your teammates practically licked your jock...if that's not enough then get packing.

The Yankee's are the top professionals in your sport. You won't be able to blame them for your attitude...

Sorry Bob, I'm a little disappointed in Randy's behavior.