Thursday, January 13, 2005

Brown Shoe Diaries

OK, so after Peachy's comment about the shoes looking the same, (see comments from the previous post) I decided to do a poll. I asked several people and the consensus is that they look quite a bit different when time is taken to check them out, but they are both brown, so no one bothers to look too closely. Lesson learned, wear a white tennis shoe with a brown dress shoe next time. It's kind of a let down, but what the hey.

I did get some interesting stories from people who have accidentally worn 2 different shoes. Even our V.P. told me about a time when she had 2 pairs of the same shoe, but they were different colors. One day she didn't notice that she grabbed a dark blue one and a brown one. Apparently this story is common.

I also heard stories about people forgetting to wear stuff. Not fun stuff, but jewelry and watches. One person forgot her earrings and necklace and it bugged her so much, she went back home to get them. Is this common? She said she felt naked without her jewelry. I don't know if that would bug me that much. Maybe it's different for women?

Anyway, today's experiment is kind of a bust. It has been fun. I'm holding out hope for someone to notice without being prompted, but it may not happen.

6 comments:

peachy said...

Sorry Bob. I didn't tell anyone at work about your shoes. I was excited to hear the results. I KNOW that I definitely wouldn't have noticed on my own.

I agree the contrast would get many more responses. Until next time.

a beer sort of girl said...

I don't wear a lot of jewelry. Just a watch and my wedding/engagement ring. But if I am running late & forget them, I will turn around & drive home to get them. It drives me that crazy b/c I wear them everyday, and it feels very weird when they are missing.

But I live 7 minutes from work, so that kind of helps in the decision to turn around. :)

Peeved Michelle said...

At my last job I saw a guy wearing two different shoes one day. They were both exactly the same style, but one was brown and one was black. I hated this guy so I thought the mismatch was due to one of two things. (1) He didn't notice the color difference in the dark and grabbed the wrong shoe, in which case, ha ha on him because I hate him, or (2) he was wearing two different shoes to prove some fathead point because he is a total fathead.

(Please note that I gave it a shot, but "fathead" just is not a strong enough word for me to put it into regular use.)

Cindy-Lou said...

Dude, what's up with Michelle calling you a fathead?

Yankeebob said...

It's OK Peachy, I ended up asking quite a few people and they gave me the same answer.

Beergirl, you are so lucky living that close to work. I once lived close enough to my job that I walked a lot.

Michelle gets an E for effort trying out the Fathead thing. I agree Michelle, sometimes you need a stronger word(s) once a Fathead graduates to a lower level.

EJ, I'd love to see that outfit. Maybe the people at work thought you were wearing the 'latest fashion' and they didn't say anything because they didn't want to seem un-cool.

Egg-he, I think Chucks at you workplace would be dangerous. You could end up with duck feet.

CL, do you think Michelle was giving me one of those back-handed insults? Hmmm...

cat said...

if i forget my watch i will go insane.

i need to know the time.

all the time.

i neeeeed it.

watch=life