Monday, January 31, 2005

It's Best To Avoid The News

So I made the mistake of listening to the news on the way home for a while. I don’t usually do that and tonight made me remember why.

First I got to hear John Kerry talking about how the elections in Iraq mean pretty much nothing. Good message there Johnny boy. That whole thing about taking steps to get our people out of there ASAP was just campaign mumbo jumbo I guess. To me, Iraq moving toward independence is a step closer to our people coming home. If he had won, he’d be all over the news blowing off about the great thing that he made happen and how it really is a step toward ending that mess. Dork.

Next I get to hear about the Michael Jackson trial starting jury selection. This will be another circus. Of course, anything with Michael Jackson involved is a circus. What got to me were the idiots they were interviewing. There was a woman who quit her day care job of 10 years and moved out to CA just to be nearby and show Michael her support. Yeah, I’m sure he noticed. Then there was the woman who was crying about how Michael was innocent and how the people who arrested him wouldn’t think he was guilty if they knew what he was like inside. Sheesh! Just how do you know what he’s like inside woman? Are you a mind reader or something? Can you read someone’s soul just by watching their music videos? Please!

That was enough for me. I swear, sometimes I really wonder how humanity ever survived this long. These fine examples of our leaders and our hero worshippers sure don’t engender confidence in the future.

I’m so glad I remembered my Frank Sinatra CD for the rest of the trip home.

4 comments:

Oddgirl said...

Funny how both of those things were top news stories. Actually it's not funny. It's very sad and demented. Old Blue Eyes never sounded better I bet.:)

JK said...

Well said B.Ob. I am the same way, I like to hear positive news. There is enough negative news in the world to destroy half of it. I understand that we should be aware of whats going on, but honestly, how many stories about people getting beheaded can one person handle? John Kerry..... didn't you lose the election? Why are people still talking to you? When the U.S. voted not to make you the next president, I think they were trying to tell you something.... they don't want to hear you talk anymore.

I'm Canadian, and we have our share of political drama and useless debates also. If you ever get the chance to watch the CBC, check out The Hour, with George Strombolopoulos. It is a pretty good news mag. It is on at 6:00, and 9:00 MST, so 8:00, and 11:00 EST.

Take it easy B.Ob

Roy Hobbs said...

Hey anyone have any Jesus juice I'm damn thirsty.

You know I am surprised that Kerry hasn't received a purple heart yet from Iraq. Or for that matter the campaign trail.

peachy said...

Roy, he'll get it in time for the 2008 election. hee hee.

How long has the MJ news been on? It's such a waste of time. At this point, I don't even bother listening or caring. Just let me know if he's going to jail with Martha or not.