Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Office Affair

Office affair update, continued from this post:

On Monday cgrl (cheater girl) made some kind of special cake type thing. People here make stuff and/or buy stuff and bring it in to share with everyone. Normally it is left in the kitchen type area and people just help themselves. She gave the whole thing to cg (cheater guy). She told him to stash it in his desk so no one else would get any. It was his ‘Sweet Treat’. Personally, I couldn’t care less. But she made the mistake of carrying it in from her car, stopping to talk to people while holding it and then it disappeared. Plus, cg’s neighbor in the next cubicle heard her saying that she made his favorite sweet treat just for him.

Tuesday the group had a meeting. Cg and cgrl were sitting close again. Cg needed a volunteer to help with a special project in February that will require some weekend work. Specifically starting Friday nights and most of the remainder of the weekend. Surprisingly, cgrl didn’t speak up. One of the other people of the group volunteered. So it’s a done deal, right? Wrong. Soon after the meeting broke up, cg sent out an e-mail to everyone stating that cgrl had volunteered to help with the project. She would be helping and no one else was needed.

The person who had originally volunteered has done the very same thing before. She has worked with the equipment and knows the programs very well. She was the right person for the job. Cgrl has never done any work on this type of project. But she is his choice. Gee, how surprising.


Well, it’s snowing here today. It was to be expected I guess. Anyway, cgrl was wrapped up in this ridiculous amount of winter gear to go from this building to the next one. She looked like the little kid in ‘A Christmas Story’ when his Mom bundled him up. As she went by cg’s cubicle, he grabbed her by the arm and said “You don’t need that coat to keep you warm baby.” She giggled and said, “Did you think I forgot already?” I guess they forgot that there was someone in the cubicle right next to them. Dopes.

What we need is someone to come in on one of those late nights, just to make sure things are going well. It will be interesting to see what happens. These two are getting even more and more brazen about their ‘friendship’. I’d think they would be more careful. Whatever. It makes for a real live soap opera for the rest of us.





4 comments:

grace said...

jeez. you know, that shit makes me mad. at least try and cover it up. i hope they get caught. i think you should go into the office late one night :P

Karen said...

Dude, this might be better than any soap on TV at the moment -- and I work for a soap opera publication, so I'd know! Perhaps they're saving the "getting caught" for February Sweeps....

I know it's bad, but every post about these two succeeds in making me giggle. I think it's your agog take on the whole thing, Yankeebob. I sit here shaking my head at their antics because they're so freaking brazen! Even my co-worker, when I filled her in, was like "They're so having an affair." And we haven't even SEEN these people!

Cindy-Lou said...

I think it's great. I wish someone would make me a cake. Why don't I get a sweet treat????? Oh my liiife!

peachy said...

HA!!HA!!
Cgrl did look hilarious prancing by the cubes with her bundle of a million clothes on yesterday. Too funny. I don't know why I can never hear the good stuff. I guess I just don't care.

PS. She has time to help cg, but she can never help anyone else when they need it. Ugh! I'm going to out her. hee hee.