Monday, January 03, 2005

Morning Thoughts

First, Monday… Bleeech! Had to get that out of my system

I noticed that a lot of people who have done those question quiz type things want to visit Ireland. We all have a common bond. Except Ian, who doesn’t ever want to go back.

I got into a Dean Martin music thing this weekend. I noticed that a lot of the songs from that era were about falling in love, getting married and having babies. Not quite the same today, eh? The world has changed.

I wrote recently on Egg-He’s blog that “I’ll keep my eye on you.” Isn’t that funny? How does someone ‘keep an eye on someone’? I think that would hurt, plus, you would be vision impaired, so what’s the point?

Tino Martinez has returned to the Yankees, where he belongs. I can’t begin to tell anyone how happy this makes me. A trip to Yankee Stadium is in order this year.

Thanks to Meritt and Ian for being good sports with the questions. Now we need to get Peachy to join in.

I’ve decided on a few New Year’s resolutions. 1. Figure out how to be happy. (good luck.) 2. Get in touch with my inner child. (Oops, already there. Scratch that one.) 3. Be a bigger Yankee fan. (I’ll go on the “eat till I explode diet”, then I’ll be a ‘bigger’ fan.) 4. Find out just what the heck an ‘internet girlfriend’ is. I’ve seen this person referenced a lot lately. (How can you have a girlfriend that may or may not really even be a girl?) 5. Try to be “The perfect Blogger”. (I have no idea what that means. Suggestions?... Anyone?... Bueller?...)

There they are. Pretty serious stuff. Except for the stuff that wasn’t really serious.

I’ve also noticed that there is a lot of sex talk on the blogs. I wonder if people talk that much about it in reality. Maybe this is the only place we/they feel that free with those thoughts? We’re probably all prudes in real life. I am, now that I’m old. But there was a time…..

Does anyone really care what Britney Spears is up to? You can’t turn on E without some kind of update. I guess they want to be there when she dumps her latest temporary guy. I’m just not sure how it’s news.

Ok, that’s enough rambling for now. This is really a sampling of how my mind wanders pre-coffee. Or I should say, pre-enough coffee.

6 comments:

peachy said...

Fine YB!
I'll answer your silly questions over on my blog. :)

SJ said...

I care what Britney's up to. It's my entire reason for living. Dino's cool. He even likes big pizza pies. Would keeping an eye on someone hurt? I have no eye-dea. Ha!

Cindy-Lou said...

I very rarely talk about sex in real life.
You, however, keep throwing me curve balls, and each time it's still unexpected. Why do I keep underestimating you, YB?

grace said...

yeah. i talk about sex a lot. but you know, it's the people who don't talk about it often who are the real pervys! :P

Yankeebob said...

Good job Peachy. I know deep down you liked doing the list thing.

Ian had a bit of caffeine before writing that, eye think.

CL, I'm not really sure why you still underestimate me. It is fun to surprise you though. We'll just have to see what other surprises lay ahead for you. Stay tuned, same bob time, same bob channel....

I think Grace is right. The quiet ones are usually the pervs. Since you talk about sex a lot, does this mean you aren't too pervy, Grace?

Summer said...

YB, I think the reason we all keep talking about sex is because you keep surprising us with those tasty tidbits of information about your past.