Saturday, January 22, 2005

Some Stuff I Like Today

This morning I drove ‘the good car’ to Starbuck’s. It’s snowing here, a lot and I drove it on purpose. See, it’s rear wheel drive with lots of power. These things in combination with snow equals fun.

I would come to the stops and when all was clear, I’d punch the gas a little while turning the wheel slightly in the direction I wanted to go. The car would swing around in the right direction and I’d shift quickly into 2nd just in time to send it down the street. See, fun.

I also got to test out the anti-lock brakes and the traction control. It was a good trip. I was tempted to do some do-nuts in the parking lot, but I decided that wouldn’t be a good idea. Do-nuts in a front wheel drive car aren’t nearly as fun. So it was tempting. Getting busted doing do-nuts and being a grown-up (supposedly) is less fun.

I noticed one of our neighbors out in the snow wearing a baseball hat. Women in baseball hats are sexy to me. I love it when they wear the hat and have their hair pulled through the back of the hat.

Talking to the television. I have a great time talking back to ads, telling the people in the shows how stupid they are and just in general having great conversations with a semi-inanimate object. This is especially entertaining when watching the cheesy low budget shows on Sci-Fi Channel. (Those are my favorite.)

French Fries & Jalapeno Poppers for lunch. Specifically, Ore Ida Original Fries. Yep, another healthy lunch for me today. Sometimes you just gotta enjoy the good stuff.

During this current snowstorm I’ve seen 5 different joggers. They were still doing their thing even in the snow. I’m envious of their ability to stick to their regimen. Even in the years that I was a regular runner I would quit when the weather got cold. I’m a wimp when winter sets in. I’m really impressed with those nuts running in a storm.

Starbuck’s is awesome. (That’s all I’m saying fearing the wrath of Susie.)

Having the laundry done. Yes, I do the laundry at my house. I kinda like it. Every weekend. Now it’s all done and that’s even better. I do try to do some things around the home besides taking up space.

Does anyone not like an English type accent? The woman in the current Sci-Fi movie has one. Maybe Australian? I’m not too good at guessing the exact accent, but I do think they are sexy. Mostly the women. (Duh!) But the guys sound cool too.


2 comments:

Madley said...

I'm a sucker for almost any accent!!! I've hence learned that an accent does not a good man make -- unfortunately there are jerks in any language. One day I'll live in a foreign land... surrounded by good and bad accent holders.

And boy, have I got a Starbucks craving right now...

grace said...

starbucks = crack :)

man, i talk to movies all the freakin' time. (not in the theater, though...) i'll be all yelling at the screen, "don't go in there.. girl, don't go in there! awww, shit. i told you not to go in there! stupid ass bitch." yeah. things like that... heh. i'm a joy to watch movies with. :P

steve does the laundry at home :D he doesn't trust me with the whites. what? so my whites are a little dingy. so? :P

and yeah. i *heart* accents. i slept with a guy, primarily for his irish accent. i was easily charmed, i guess. :P