Sunday, January 30, 2005

What? Me Serious?

This morning I've been walking around my house in a 'Bob' mood. That is one of the many times I'm sort of in my own little universe, being a goof and just enjoying myself. I've been singing Dean Martin's song "Everybody Loves Somebody Sometime" to my cat. (It made her really cuddly. See, Deano effects all the babes like that.) I get these moods pretty often where I'm just not capable of being serious or taking much of anything seriously. This is just one of those times where everything is obviously put here for my entertainment.

For example, these jokes are cracking me up this morning: What are bluejeans with ghosts in them? - Boo jeans! And What side of a dog has the most hair? - The outside! See, I'm easily amused today.

Peachy and I were having a conversation on Friday about what personality traits we had that would bug each other if we were a couple. It was a fun experiment to see how we saw our personalities in relation to someone else. I neglected to tell her about this quirk in me. Though she has seen it plenty at work, it's much more common out of work. (And much more annoying.) No one should try to talk seriously to me when I feel like this. They will either end up frustrated at my lack of interest in their topic or end up laughing hysterically at my dumb jokes.

It's weird to think about how you may be seen by someone else. It's weird to think about your personality and how it would effect others. I think this part of me could be hard to take with someone who doesn't wake up quickly in the morning, who isn't tolerant of silliness, who doesn't like puns (I get Henny Youngman disease sometimes) or someone who just isn't capable of or interested in playing along.

Other personality things I mentioned to Peachy (or at least thought about mentioning) were my love for Baseball, which can be obnoxiuos during the season, my lack of interest in having babies, my extreme love of movie watching and my on again off again romance with the Playstation. These things would be fine for some people. They would drive others crazy.

I guess, basically, we all have things that would work fine with another person and some things that would grate on someone else. This morning I'm in 'Bob's World' where everything is funny and amusing and not at all to be taken seriously, like this post. Who cares? Right?



3 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

Your Bob's World moods would probably be a deal breaker for me. I, apparently, am a nag. I hear people don't like that, but if they just did the things they were supposed to do when they were supposed to do them ,there would be no problem.

peachy said...

I think I would laugh hysterically at your mood, but when am I not laughing? Oh yeah, when work beckons.

That was a fun conversation on Friday. I can't recall you being in that silly of a mood at work. Some days I think you're very close though.

Oh and Michelle, I'm already annoyed with the nagging and I don't even know you! (This was said in the best way possible)

Yankeebob said...

Michelle, I don't mind nagging, especially when I'm feeling goofy. Truthfully, going by your description of a nag, I'm one too.

Peachy, you're a great audience. I try to be a bit more reserved at work. You know, the old 'trying to appear professional' deal.