Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Rotten Movies

I heard a discussion on the radio this morning about the worst movies ever made. It occurred to me that most movie discussions are about favorite movies, movies that people liked, not bad movies. I think it would be fun to find out what the blog world considers the worst movies ever.

I’ve heard the discussion that “Plan 9 From Outer Space” is widely considered the worst movie ever made. It is bad. Personally, I love the genre and the cheesy “B” movies in general, so I liked it a lot. But it is bad!

I heard “A Clockwork Orange” mentioned today too. I liked it OK, but I loved the book, so I may have been biased. The movie could have been better.

A movie I hated is one that was well made and well acted, but I still thought it sucked. Big time sucked. It was “Gangs Of New York”. To me, it was a waste of time and money. It grossed me out. Plus, it left me wondering just why anyone would make the thing. I saw no reason for its existence. No moral to the story. No value.

I’d like to see what everyone’s opinions are on the worst movie ever.

5 comments:

peachy said...

Gia with Angelina Jolie was pretty bad (of course I stayed awake through the entire thing), and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. I couldn't understand the people, so I fell asleep.

Quyen said...

I LOVE History of the World, part 1!

I never got into Time Bandits... I really wanted my time back too.

Karen said...

Autumn in New York. My friend dragged me along because she has a huge crush on Richard Gere. Normally, cute guys can save a movie for her, but after that she couldn't stop apologizing for making me see it with her. BAAAAAAD flick.

Summer said...

Kung Pow Chicken: Enter the Fist (2002). I made it through the martial arts antics of the baby in diapers, but as soon as they showed why he was the "chosen one," I had to stop. I generally love kung fu flicks and don't mind the spoofs at all; however, I could not force myself to watch more than 10 minutes of this. It was that ridiculous.

Summer said...

Oops, I meant "Kung Pow: Enter the Fist." Kung Pow Chicken is another movie.

Oh, and "Dumb and Dumber." I didn't like that one either.