Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Dan Rather Is A Bum

This whole Dan Rather thing is annoying. Not that they got busted being stupid. But that they still try to cover up their true intentions. CBS News is biased to liberal views. How hard is it to admit it? I’d have more respect for them if they would just admit the obvious. The whole past year their intent, along with the 60 minutes crew, was to hurt President Bush’s re-election chances. It’s blatantly obvious. Just fess up and move on.

Personally, I don’t care if the news people have an agenda. Big deal. The CBS, ABC, NBC and CNN news groups are all liberal mouthpieces intent on indoctrination of the masses by constantly repeating their views over and over. The old ‘Say it often enough and people start to believe it’ scam.

What I don’t like is the way they hide behind bullshit dogma and fuzzy explanations to try to keep up the false persona that they are unbiased. (I hear FOX News is like that, but I don’t watch them either.) People are stupid, but anyone with any interest and intelligence has already figured out the truth.

To me, if you are going to do something or believe in some philosophy but have to hide it, maybe you shouldn’t be doing/believing it. The only place to get news without the ‘indoctrination of the masses’ slant anymore is via the Internet anyway. Soon, the big networks news shows will just be funny pseudo-reality shows that well informed people watch for laughs.

Kudos to Bloggers for helping to change the world.

1 comment:

a beer sort of girl said...

I think that all newscasts are exercises in the morbid and macabre. 9/11 did it for me too, and I have only been able to follow up on the tsunami online and in print b/c I just can't make myself WATCH it.

But The Husband was watching CNN last night, and they were covering the story CBS/Dan Rather story, and it just struck me as so ridiculous. I feel sorry for the dude, myself.