Thursday, December 09, 2004

Almost Makes Me Miss Hockey

Ok, this is what the Hockey strike has done for us. ESPN 2 just had The World Eating Championships on. The person that won ate 53 hot dogs in 10 minutes! Buns included. I love hot dogs but I don’t think I have that many in a year.

The best part was the commentary. They actually were saying things like “She has such a good rhythm while she eats. She’s so smooth.” and “Kobyashi (I think that’s how it’s spelled) is doing his shuffle. His fans call it the Kobyashi shuffle. They love this guy.”

No, I didn’t make that up. And the third place winner was a woman. She beat this huge, giant sized guy they were saying was ‘a fan favorite here in the states’. Yes, they really said that.

You really can’t make this stuff up. It was too funny, almost like MST 3000 with a sports spin. To date, it was the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen on television.

That’ll only last until the Thumb Wrestling Championships are televised.

7 comments:

Me said...

... If you are 'almost' Miss Hockey can I 'almost' be Miss Football ????

hee hee hee

Yankeebob said...

Meritt, you are too funny! That made me laugh. I didn't realize the title looked that way. I'm not changing it though, just because I like your joke.

You are now Miss Football. Is that better than Lady M?

a beer sort of girl said...

Last night The Husband & I watched a log rolling competition on OLN. We didn't watch the whole thing - it was just one of those moments when you freeze & stare at the screen, transfixed. Two guys were on one log, and the goal was to get the other guy to fall off into the water. The very best part? It was like the best 4 out of 6 or something to declare a victor!

Lars said...

Oh, I LOVE odd sports on ESPN. You name it I've seen it:

Mini Golf (favorite of mine)
Lawn Mower races (you bet!)
Darts
Lumberjack competitions
Arm Wrestling
Badminton

There's more, but I can't think of them...I love it!

Lars said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cindy-Lou said...

I've seen 2 concerts at the Shark Tank, and 1 hockey game. I can tell you who I saw in concert but I can't tell you who played. Well, I can be pretty certain it was the Sharks vs someone else. But I couldn't tell you who won. Half the reason is because I don't care and wouldn't remember anyway, half of my excuse is beer. What you can deduce from this long and rambling comment is I don't care about hockey. The end.

grace said...

hehehe. that reminds me of "dodgeball." we just watched that last night. it was pretty funny. i mean, you knew how it was going to turn out and all... but it had its moments...