Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Customer Service?

I received a new Visa Check Card recently for an account I closed several years ago. Neat trick eh? So I call this morning to ask why. I get the first person who acts like I'm seriously bothering her just by being alive. She goes through all the personal info and talks for a while about what my problem is and then finally gives me another number to call for help. Why not just tell me right away that you are just wasting my time and give up the right number sooner?

So I call the new number. I get to choose between the long list of possible departments etc... Then I get to hear all the specials going on right now. Advertising over the phone. All about certificates and interest rates and all that o-so interesting stuff. I thought it would never end. Then I'm on hold for over 10 minutes listening to the generic jazz stuff they play. Where do they find that crap? I think they just want to annoy you enough to get you to hang up. Next a message comes on telling me I've been connected to the message center and any message I leave won't even be delivered until tomorrow. Huh? This is a new one. They will have an interesting time with my message. I was still trying to wrap my brain around that idea and was saying what the... as I was hanging up.

So I redial and get back to the 'on hold' status after all the boring ads again and the phone on the other end finally rings. I get excited. I hear what sounds like someone answering, and then the phone goes dead. Disconnected. Sheesh!

I gave up. I just wasted 20 minutes of my life (not to mention company time) for nothing more than the reminder of why I stopped banking there in the first place. They had the absolute worst customer service ever. I see it hasn't changed.

4 comments:

Me said...

Ooooo... I've been there.
I feel your pain.
I feel your frustration.
But this post could open a long rambling can of worms so I'll just duct tape my fingers now.

;P

grace said...

i have one bank that i HATE... bank of america. they have the absolutely worst customer service i've ever had in my life... they would charge me for shit that i didn't do...

oh, god. i can't even go into it now. makes me want to scream...

Cindy-Lou said...

That is definitely not my credit union. You call here and we know you by name. We rule.

Yankeebob said...

CL, I wish I was closer. I'd come to your credit union just because you'd be there.

EJ, how can your bank know all that stuff? You must be very friendly with those people.

J, I probably will end up cutting the thing up a sending it back. I don't think I'll be speaking to a person there anytime soon.

Meritt & Grace, I can see you 2 have had some interesting dealings with so called customer service reps, eh?