Friday, December 03, 2004

El Capitain Doesn't Want Pedro

From Yankees.com:

NEW YORK -- Derek Jeter had a chance on Wednesday to give his endorsement to the idea of Pedro Martinez joining the Yankees, but, unlike teammates Mike Mussina and Jorge Posada, the Yankees' captain chose not to do so.
Instead, Jeter seemed lukewarm about the possibility, saying several times how much he enjoys facing Martinez as part of the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry.

"That's part of the rivalry, getting an opportunity to face one of the best pitchers in baseball," Jeter said in a conference call with reporters. "When you think of Yankees-Red Sox, the first pitcher that came to mind before [Curt] Schilling got there was Pedro Martinez. I enjoy the competition. I enjoy competing against him, but you never know what's going to happen."

That was a very diplomatic way of saying Pedro should not be in New York. Good job Derek!!!

Most Yankees agree. Here's the poll results from Yankees.com so far:

Would you like to see the Yankees sign Pedro Martinez?
Yes
29141 votes (36%)
No
46467 votes (58%)
No opinion
5011 votes (6%)

80619 people have voted so far.

Can you tell I'm pretty passionate about this issue? Good. Bums like Pedro need to stay where the bums belong. (That is anywhere but in New York.)




5 comments:

Me said...

said in a very blonde voice: "Hmmm. This is about baseball isn't it?"

:) Don't know. Don't care. But love ya anyway Bob!

Yankeebob said...

Meritt, we need to get you more involved in America's pastime. Trust me, you'd appreciate it.

Me said...

LOL at you.
I was involved in baseball briefly.
For as long as I was involved with a guy (ironically) named Bob.
:)
We spent a date on his couch, watching baseball. When he asked a question and I got it right, I got a kiss.
When I got it wrong I got kissed too, but that is beside the point.
That relationship didn't really last long and neither did my interest in baseball. LOL.

I do watch football now and again.....

Yankeebob said...

Hmmm... a kiss when you're right, a kiss when you're wrong... Who needs Baseball? That's a much better game.

grace said...

sports makes me yawn. i know, heresy.