Thursday, December 09, 2004

There's A Service For Everything.

I heard this on the radio this morning. There is a shop advertising their special for servicing your model train. The one you bring out yearly for under the tree. It's $29.95 and they guarantee your Christmas train will run at peak efficiency for the holidays.

Isn't that strange? I can see where a model train enthusiast would maybe use this service, but then again, wouldn't they already know how to keep the thing running well anyway?

I dunno. For $29.95 I'd just go buy something new if my old one didn't work. Now we have little train doctors.

I wonder if they have little tiny wrenches and screwdrivers. They probably have little tiny hands so they can work the little tiny tools. Those tiny engines are hard to see too, so they probably have super strong magnifying glasses to see the parts.

Or maybe they just have elves working round the clock servicing mini trains for the holidays. After Christmas, they go back to the North Pole. I guess Santa can spare them since all the toys have been made. He only needs to keep the shipping crew around to get stuff ready to go on Christmas Eve. Yep, I'll bet it's the elves.

I'd buy a little tiny train if I could meet an elf.

7 comments:

Munch said...

How much can those little trains cost anyhow? They cant be much more than 29.99 can they?

grace said...

hehehe. this post reminded me of "elf."

my MIL bought a mini train set ... $1 for the tracks, $1 for each of the cars or something like that... way better than spending $30 for a little train set engineer fixer upper guy... yeah.

Oddgirl said...

I wanna met an elf...

I don't dare have something like a train lying around. First, I would definitely step on it. It would hurt, the train would break, and I would be mad(although now there is a way to service my train). Second, my cats would find some way to ruin it.

SJ said...

Meeting little people is supposed to be therapeutic - apparently it's good for your 'elf...

Cindy-Lou said...

What do they mean by peak efficiency? I mean, would you really notice if the train was running a little slow? Plus, it's not like you're pumping gas into the thing, you don't have to worry about fuel economy, right? Brakes? No. Transmission? No. I think it's a jip.

Yankeebob said...

See, Grace knows where we can get affordable trains that never need this service. They are cheap enough to be disposable.

Now, who knows where we can meet an elf?

Cece Martinez said...

LMFAO! That was hilarious!