Monday, December 20, 2004

Trying To Get Started

So, this is my first day of the Christmas week off. I've got to spend some time getting caught up with my blogger friends. It's been a hectic weekend.

First, I started the day with Starbuck's French Roast, made at home, in my favorite Starbuck's mug. Mmmm. (Ok, I borrowed that beginning from Meritt. Thanks for the loan.)

Has anybody else discovered Apple Jacks with little marshmallows yet? They are really good. I highly recommend you try some out.

Next I decided to see what was happening with the Football scores, but I got bored. (It's just not Baseball.) So I managed to accidentally find a Buffy rerun! This day is starting out great so far! Buffy and Apple Jacks. It's the episode where the whole town goes nuts and tries to burn Buffy, Willow & Amy at the stake. The best part is the end when everything is over and Oz and Zander fall through the ceiling, look around and Oz says "We're here to save you." Ok, enough television.

I hope Mel is feeling OK today after her birthday. I remember champagne hangovers. They suck. Hopefully you didn't inherit one of those today, Mel.

I'm going out for a small shopping excursion today. Got to get the Laffy Taffy sent off. So far only Shannon has e-mailed me with an address. Grace? Veronica?

It's freakin cold out there! 10 degrees with a wind chill of 0? That sucks. I hate Winter. After the Christmas season is over, it's just pain & suffering until Opening Day. I need to live somewhere that's warm all the time.

I think I'm just blabbering on like this due to withdraw. Normally by this time of day, I've had several conversations with someone other than myself. A lot of them irritating, to be sure. But still, I guess changing routines can throw off your game a little.

Time to get going. Hmmm... while I've been writing this another Buffy has come on. (Back to back in the A.M.?) Good thing I have the DVDs or I might get a little distracted again.....



8 comments:

Me said...

Ahhh, I'm glad you are blabbering this morning as I'm done 'blabbering' (ok, I got up on a soap box this morning) on my blog, and I still have 10 minutes before I bring Peanut to school.

Time enough to sip coffee and surf blogs... except everyone is still sleeping or actually *gasp* working cuz their blogs aren't updated yet! LOL...

Good Morning! White ceramic mug and Maxwell House here. :)

Cindy-Lou said...

Is there really such a thing as too much Buffy? I say no, watch all you can. Maybe you will catch the episode where Angel bites Buffy. Yuuuuuum.
Have you tried the Starbuck's Christmas Blend? Yuuuuuum.
Cereal with marshmallows freaks me out. They're not real. They're scary.

grace said...

mmm. marshmallows...

you have the whoooole week off? *jealous*

SJ said...

I have never watched an episode of Buffy....

grace said...

i sent you my address :P

by the by, i don't believe i've ever watched an episode of buffy, either.

cat said...

ian - watch buffy. that's an order.

yankeebob - very jealous of the whole week off. my time off only starts on thursday. of course i don't have to go back until january 3..so. and there is no such thing as too much byffy - unless you're watching season 6 or 7. those sorta sucked.

Yankeebob said...

Meritt, borrowing your blog beginning like that rubbed off on my day. I'll write about it tonight.

J, next week I'll be jealous of you. This week, I shall slack hard! (Except today.)

CL, I really like the Starbuck's Christmas blend. it is very yuuuum.

Grace & Ian, I agree with Cat. You should watch Buffy. It's darn good stuff. CL is right, you can't watch too much.

Shannon & Grace, your Laffy Taffy is on the way.

The Apple Jacks with marshmallows are really good. CL, the marshmallows are just the regular kind after doing a bit of freeze-drying on them. They're like a tiny concentrated marshmallow chunk. I love them!

MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Hey, YB, thanks for the non-hangover birthday wish. Unfortunately the only thing that was hung over was my wallet. I had to pay for own birthday dinner! And chip in extra because one of my cheap bastard friends didn't chip in enough. GAH! I am getting all new friends in my 30's!

Ian and Grace, I will hold a Buffy screening party. We can camp out in my living room for a week and watch every season back to back! Whaddya say?