Saturday, December 11, 2004

Pre-Coffee Musings

As I was leaving Starbuck’s this morning, I noticed a woman doing that fast walking thing people do to work out. She was walking really fast and had weights in her hands. As she took steps, her hands would really fly way forward and back. Her hands actually went way above her head; her elbows went so far back I thought she might break her shoulders. She looked pretty ridiculous.

I started wondering about this a bit. I’ve read that this arm flinging doesn’t do anything for you. The walking is supposed to be the best exercise there is. But how does someone go out in public and do that? I think it’s someone who either doesn’t know how ridiculous they look, or truly doesn’t care. Either way they are safe within themselves. I don’t think I could go around in public looking like I was having spasms as I hurried down the street.

I wonder what it takes to be able to do that? Is it someone who isn’t very self-aware? Is it someone who figures that this is the way they think it should be done, so who cares what it looks like? Or maybe it’s some kind of exhibitionism. I don’t know. I don’t even know why it interested me so much this morning. Lack of coffee most likely. My mind works in funny ways early in the morning.

3 comments:

Me said...

I'm thinkin' she's gonna knock someone out doing that!~

Cindy-Lou said...

Oh, when you were at Starbucks did you pick up a peppermint mocha for me?
Thanks, YB.

Yankeebob said...

Yep CL, your Mocha is right here. I finished me Gingerbread Latte a little while ago. I'd ship it to you but I think this thing might not be so good by the time it gets to you, so maybe I shouldn't let it go to waste.....