Friday, December 03, 2004

I Think They're Doin It

I'm starting to wonder about a couple of my co-workers. They are pretty cozy together. Not just a little cozy. A lot. They always go out to lunch together. Always work together on projects. Always socialize together. They're pretty touchy-feeley. (Is that how it's spelled?)

The woman is recently married. She and her husband lived together for some time before being married. She works, he's in school full time.

The guy is engaged. He's been living with his girl. They bought a house together within the past year. She owns him. No, that's not a sexist remark. She has him take days off so he can help her finish projects, has him shopping and cooking and cleaning. It's like all she wants is a handyman/sex toy, as long as he doesn't disagree with her about anything. (He tells all his secrets at work. People shouldn't do that.)

These two seem like an unlikely couple. She's short, he's tall. She's loud, he's quiet. She's silly, he's got quite the temper. She's smart, he's kind of smart. It's got people in this building wondering.

Maybe the speculation is unwarranted. I like to float through the area listening to others talk about stuff like this. I don't pursue information. I just catch bits and pieces. Normally I won't get involved with the gossip mongers. But sometimes it is fun.

If they are, that's their business. If they're not, that's their business too. One way or the other, it is making for some interesting 'water-cooler' discussions.

5 comments:

SJ said...

Ah - office romances! Sometimes it's best not to dip your pen in the company ink. Then again if I had a dollar for every time people thought I was sleeping from someone with work...

Blog ho said...

If i had a dollar i'd ... still have no dollar to speak of.

peachy said...

Maybe this whole thing is a role reversal for both of them. :)
Definitely keep us updated.

grace said...

man, if i had a buck, i'd for sure go to the strip club. hehe. kidding, kidding... i swear. maybe.

well, steve and i are kinda opposites, too... he's quiet, i'm loud... he's tall, i'm short... he's kinda stoic, i'm silly... he's smart, i'm smarter. :P just kidding. he's better than me in all ways... hehe...

sounds like they're a match made in heaven. :P

monica said...

If I was in the strip club, I'd have your buck! HAHA. But seriously, when I was on ship, anytime I was seen out in town with the same male co-worker (didn't matter which one) in more than one liberty port, we were "together," no matter how implausible. Ironically, when I did start dating someone from work, nobody knew.

So, it could go either way. Fun to watch, huh?