Monday, December 20, 2004

Busy Day For A Slacker

I started out this day with an imitation of my blog bud Meritt. I think some Coffee Talking karma rubbed off. I ended up with a very busy schedule that would rival her normal one. Problem is, I’m not accustomed to it, so I found this day ‘out of the ordinary’.

It started innocently enough. On my way to the Post office, the one and only errand I had planned, I decided to be Mr. Nice-guy and deliver a Starbuck’s fix to Nicci and her boss, who is like a walking coffee pot. (Incidentally, I ordered the smallest and they gave me the largest again. Wouldn’t take any money for the difference either. I’m still lucky there.) After delivering the coffee and starting to leave, I was asked to do another errand. No problem, it’s not like I have anything planned. Well then, since I was going in that direction, could I do this and maybe that…? You see where this is going?

My day ended up including trips to the Post Office, CVS, Grocery Store, The Bank, and Checkers for a lunch delivery, the Mall, Gas Station and Toys R Us. That last one was pretty cool though. I love Toys R Us. Not my usual day off. I’m not complaining. It just was different.

Toys R Us was fun. No one tagging along and it was my last stop, so I could take my time. There weren’t even that many people there either. There was one family there that I did have to follow for a while. They were too entertaining not to. A Mom, Dad and 2 little boys. The boys were into everything. The kind of kids that were there to try out everything they could reach. At one point one of them had a big truck of some kind and was pushing it up the aisles, running as fast as he could, screaming as loud as he could. The Dad was chasing him around, trying to look cool and not run, but not catching him either. It was funny to watch.

Then in the game aisle, (I was looking for a Spirograph) one of the kids started slicing cheese. The first fart I heard was sort of at the peripheral of my attention until the Mom started giving the boy crap for doing it in public. He was just giggling and then he did another loud fart right near an older couple. The Mom was freaking out, apologizing and acting like he had just committed a major crime. The kid was just laughing away.

I’m now going to admit to something here. I found 2 DVDs of the Amanda Show and I had to have them. If you’ve never seen the Amanda Show on Nickelodeon, I think you should. It’s silly and stupid, but I love it. Amanda Bynes is hilarious! And yes, I got the DVDs for myself. This is something I’d never have seen if I hadn’t inherited a kid via marriage. I guess there are some small perks to having a kid around sometimes. Go ahead, let the hassling begin. Yankeebob likes a kid’s show from Nickelodeon.

One other interesting thing that happened was that I stalled the car in the drive thru line at Checkers. That’s not really a big deal, but I did it when I was talking to the guy at the window and he was about to hand me a Coke. I forgot to take the car out of gear and when the car jumped forward I damn near got whiplash. When I looked up at the young guy in the window, he had stopped smiling and wouldn’t look at me. Obviously he was fighting the urge to laugh at me. So I thought I’d give him a break and said, “I guess I should remember to take the car out of gear first, eh?” He quickly looked at me and looked away again, but I saw the smile start on his face so I told him I almost got whiplash doing that. Then he started laughing and the Manager guy beside him did too.

I wouldn’t think of this as a big issue normally except he had the courtesy not to laugh in my face. I appreciate good manners. I’ve seen people act worse than just laughing for some minor thing happening, so this guy got some brownie points with me for not being rude. Everyone, go to Checkers.

It’s been a busy day. It’s been OK though. No complaints. Excuse me now. I have to go see what Amanda is up to…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMANDA PLEASE!~

:)

Kudos to the kid for not laughing in your face. I'm impressed. I really am. But even more impressed on these large java's you keep getting for a small java price. How cool is that????

Me said...

HEY~!~ I'M NOT ANNONYMOUS!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DID IT DO THAT!? LOL. It's me. Meritt.

Cindy-Lou said...

That's funny, I totally would have laughed. The same thing happened to me the other day at work, I tripped and the kid who was there ignored it because I was all trying to play it off like I didn't trip. I finally laughed at myself and said "I tripped" and he's all "I noticed". It was a good time. Did you Googlism your name yet??? Do it!

Yankeebob said...

AMANDA PLEASE! Yep Meittt, that's the one. She cracks me up. I don't know why I'm still so lucky with the Starbuck's thing. maybe it's a conspiracy of some kind, planned to keep me wired all the time.

CL, isn't it more fun to laugh at silly stuff like that than to freak? If it makes you laugh, someone else should be allowed to laugh too. I plan on googling my name today. Your results are so funny. I won't get to it till this afternoon.

a beer sort of girl said...

Hey Bob, there's no reason to be embarrassed about liking the Amanda Show. I always loved Clarissa Explains It All, so I went out of my way to see the Amanda Show once or twice. I've even watched the horrible Hilary Duff show from time to time, and there are NO kids in our house, ever. Just us. The Husband loves SpongeBob SquarePants and the Fairly Odd Parents. So don't feel so bad. At least you aren't watching cartoons, like us.