Friday, December 17, 2004

I Like Dumb Jokes

I have this big bag of Laffy Taffy. In case someone reading this has never had Laffy Taffy, it's yummy taffy candy with dumb jokes written on the wrappers. I like dumb jokes sometimes. Here are a few:

What do Bulls write with? A Bullpen.

Do seals wear shoes? No, they wear flippers.

What did the Horse say when he tripped? Help, I've fallen and I can't giddy-up!

What do you get when you cross a steam shovel with a hot tamale? Hot Diggity!

Boy Melon: Honey, can we run away and get married? Girl Melon: Sorry, I cantaloupe.

Why did the bowling pins stop working? Because they went on strike.

What does the sun skate on? Solar blades.

What kind of fish tastes good with peanut butter? A jellyfish.

What's worse than finding a worm in your apple? Finding half a worm.

What did the rug say to the floor? I've got you covered.

What did the wall say to the corner? I'll meet you at the roof.

What's the difference between a train and a teacher? The train says "choo - choo" and the teacher says "spit it out".

Yeah, they are goofy, but I like silly things sometimes.

I just had an idea; There is only one Banana candy wrapper. In the spirit of the season, the person who can guess which 2 jokes came from the banana wrapper wins a free bag of Laffy Taffy. I'll get you your very own bag and send it, along with a nice Christmas greeting from Yankeebob, hopefully arriving before Christmas. No guarantees there, though. (Please, no checking out your own bag to see if they all have the same jokes printed on them. I don't know if they do, but that wouldn't be fair.)

I'll accept guesses until noon Saturday, EST. (Assuming anyone wants Laffy Taffy, of course.) I hope someone wins. Otherwise, I'll be scarfing down taffy for a week. No wonder dieting is so popular after the holidays.

9 comments:

peachy said...

Wait..did you already tell us the joke that was in the banana wrapper and we just have to guess, or we have to make up our own joke?

I think I told you my dreaded laffy taffy story. If not, I'll tell you before you go home today.

Yankeebob said...

Peachy, each wrapper has 2 jokes on it. 2 of the above came from the lone banana wrapper. You need to guess which 2. Piece of cake! (Or taffy is more like it.)

Me said...

Hmmm... Just Laffy Taffy talk?

Didn't I see YANKEES in the news today? OK, I didn't read the article but I saw the headlines splashed a few places.

yet you are talking about banana laffy taffy. Hmmmm. LaffyTaffyBob is the new Blog Name!!!! LOL....

grace said...

hrm, i think that it's...

the seals wearing shoes joke and the boy melon joke.

i'm a horrible guesser...

those jokes remind me of the jokes in the kids' section of the paper. kids send in the stupidest stuff, though. i like these better...

Quyen said...

I'm guessing it's jellyfish and solar blades ;)

SJ said...

The Melon & the Tamale. (now there's a joke in itself!) BTW the melon joke was hilarious...

Cindy-Lou said...

I'm guessing:
What did the wall say to the corner? I'll meet you at the roof.
What's the difference between a train and a teacher? The train says "choo - choo" and the teacher says "spit it out".
Hey, if I win I want the taffy hand delivered!

Madley said...

I'm guessing SOLAR BLADES and BOWLING PINS -- yummy, I'm gonna have to get some taffy myself if I don't win!

peachy said...

Whew! That makes it much easier.

My guesses are the The Horse(giddyup) and The Apple (1/2 a worm).

*praying*-please let me be right!