Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Top Of The Hour Post

OK, I haven't hardly left my desk yet, so this will be a tough hourly post.

Here's something. Coffee. There is a 'special' coffee pot in our semi-private office (2 people) that we like to keep going with good coffee. Mostly funded by myself and my partner. There are a few people who either pitch in a few bucks toward the costs or are just exempt from having to, because we like them. Those friends usually bring in something special at times anyway, so it's no big deal.

Well, there is this one guy, we'll call him Mr. pseudo-engineer-coffee-stealer-sorry excuse-for-a-co-worker guy. He just left after mooching another 'spot o java'. He's a funny guy. (Funny as in weird.) Never once has pitched in. Never has asked, just helped himself. But he has complained often when the pot is empty. ??? I really don't think he has any right to complain about it if he doesn't help out. I couldn't do that.

We don't say anything to him about the mooching. It's just not that big a deal. But to complain about anything? What a goober.

Truth is, it's looking like he won't be here that much longer anyway. He's in over his head. He'll either get the hint finally and leave (which I've heard he's looking into) or he'll be canned soon (which I've also heard is looming).

Well, this post has taught me something. I need to leave this desk.

3 comments:

Me said...

My thoughts:
Assuming he may be in a self-imposed bubble of 'me me me, the world only revolves around me'.. he could just not care, especially since no one has 'called' him on it yet.

It's also distinctly possible he truly does not realize you and 'partner' supply the coffee. Maybe he thinks the office supplies it and he doesn't realize he is stepping over some boundaries. Especially if no one has told him.

My thought: Put up a litte sign in front of an empty small sized coffee can with a slit in the top. Something similar to "Coffee and Coffee pot brought to you by Bob and Partner. Minimal donations accepted" Or "if you don't contribute, don't complain!"

either works. LOL.

Yankeebob said...

Yeah, it wouldn't be a bad idea to say something. It's not the coffee, it's the rudeness.

Veronica, someone steals your sister's lunch? Boy, that stinks! That's worse than a little coffee.

I can imagine sucking down all the coffee before he gets in. I'd be sooo hopped up on caffeine. Productive in the morning, sleeping in the afternoon after coming down.

grace said...

no. there's no coming down. after the caffeine high, you get loaded up on sugar. mmm... sugar...