Sunday, December 19, 2004

The Day Is Starting Out OK

Today must be a lucky day. Already this morning I’ve had some lucky things come my way. For instance; my very best favorite sweatshirt need some repair again. It’s an awesomely soft, well broken in Yankee sweatshirt (of course) that I’m now trying to make last forever. So, instead of wearing it again without fixing its ailments, I searched my dresser for a temporary replacement and found a Hard Rock Café sweatshirt that I got in Stockholm. It’s been is storage for a long time, buried deep in the bottom of the drawer. I forgot about it. Now I can work this one over while old faithful is getting cleaned and repaired. Too cool!

I found 2 pennies on heads this morning. That’s always a good sign.

When I went to Starbuck’s, the Barrista made me a giant latte even though I ordered a medium. She didn’t even want me to pay for the difference once I told them.

On the way home from Starbuck’s I saw this really big guy out for a morning run. I think he was trying to run. He had on running type clothes and was breathing very hard. His face was beet red, but he was walking when I noticed him. I couldn’t miss him. He had the brightest pink and white colored sweat pants I’ve ever seen. These things would look normal on a teenaged girl, but on this middle aged chunky man, it looked hilarious. Yep, I think seeing things like that are lucky. It put a smile on my face.

The best thing on my mind this morning is that my nephew is doing much better. I got in to see him yesterday and he looks and acts so much better than earlier this week. I even had him laughing, teasing him about getting hooked on Soap Operas since he has nothing else to do all day. It’s a good feeling to know he’s doing better.

Today is a thank God for small favors day.

7 comments:

SJ said...

Good to hear about your nephew. Giant coffee's are the way forward. But good on the chunky guy, I say - at least he's trying. And I totally share your clothes thing - wera them till they fall apart. Well we have to get out money's worth...

Cindy-Lou said...

I'm so glad your nephew is doing better! He sounds like a tough kid. I'm happy for you and your family, and especially him.

Yankeebob said...

Thanks CL and Ian. My nephew appreciates everybody's concern.

Yeah Ian, I feel guilty when I see anyone still working out when it's cold. I'm a wimp when the cold weather comes along, so I slack off. That guy looked silly, but he was not slacking.

MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

I know what else you can be thankful for! That Mel was born today! YAY! Hee hee.

Glad to hear about your nephew!

Yankeebob said...

Mel, I am thankful for you being born on this day. I'm toasting you with my favorite drink, a Cherry Pepsi, right now..... aaahhh... Happy Birthday Mel Mega!

SJ said...

I'm happy Mel was born today too! Yay for Mel! Woo-hoo! Ok, is this the best place to admit I have a bit of a thing for Mel...?

Jody said...

Indeed a lucky day! So glad to hear about your nephew. And, as for the running guy, despite his wardrobe choice I give him kudos. I can't manage to drag myself out to the gym in cold weather...