Saturday, December 11, 2004

Oops! Pardon Me!

Did you ever walk into someplace and find yourself in a situation that kind of freaked you out? Found yourself in a situation that has shocked you so much you’ve actually been stunned enough to freeze up for a moment in time? I’ve had that happen to me more than twice, let’s say, and I got to thinking about it today for some reason.

Once I went to see some friends play an opening set for a popular local band. As the main band was playing their sets, I noticed a pretty hot looking babe was right up against the stage dancing hard and eyeing up the lead singer. Between sets, she would go right for him, so openly flirting that no one there had any doubts as to what she wanted.

After they were done playing and we were breaking down and loading stuff up, I decided it would be a good time for a pee break, so innocently I went to the restroom because that’s where you take care of problems like this. As I arrived there was a small crowd waiting and one guy who was insistent that he had to go, but one other guy who was blocking the way. The insistent guy got around him, opened the door and there was the lead singer standing with his pants down and the hot babe was on her knees giving him a blowjob.

The action just froze for an instant, inside the room and out. The girl rolled her eyes out at the crowd, never letting the mini-microphone leave her mouth, paused to look us over and just started going at it again. The singer just smiled and pushed the door closed. Talk about feeling out of place for a moment in time. I found out later that the singer was married, just not to BJ girl and the wife had found out about the incident. Oops!

Another time I stopped in at work (my previous job) to check in on how things were going. (Good Supervisor, I am) I think it was close to 9:00 P.M. When I got to my department, surprise! No one was there. Hmmm… So I go in search of my people. I found most of them in the break room taking a break. That was ok. I asked where the Lead Operator was and everyone looked around sheepishly, looking at anything but me. After a bit of prodding I was told the Manager from another department had come in and asked her to meet with him. Something about tomorrow’s schedule. Sooo, me being the dense dumb ass that I can be at times, I went to see what the problem was. I didn’t want any surprises when I got in the next morning.

As I approached the Manager’s office, which had the only light on in the whole department, I should have been more cautious, but again, dope that I can be, I just went right in. She was there all right, sitting on his desk with her legs wrapped around his waist as he stood in front of her, both naked from the waist down. They were doing it and I just walked right in on them.

You can guess our surprise. It was worse for them, I think. And yes, they were both married at the time, to other people. Smooth guy that I am, I put my hand over my eyes, quickly turned around and left. The next day when they wanted to ‘talk about the incident’ all I had to say was that they should learn to lock the door. What was I to do?

I’m pretty good at finding myself in shocking situations, I guess. The times I have it’s been mostly due to my thick headedness and lack of reading between the lines. These days I’m more cautious, but a few years ago, not so much.


2 comments:

SJ said...

Hilarious Bob! But I think you misunderstood what was happening between your work mate and your boss - it was obviously work related. She only wanted his input...

peachy said...

Mini microphone! HA!!HA!!
I hope they don't try to sell that to kids anytime soon. It would be banned instantly. Another good read.