Saturday, December 04, 2004

Ending The Evening On A Lesser Note

I’m really bummed! I just saw Amy Weber in a country music video. There’s a countdown of the 20 worst songs of 2004 on VH1. This song is number 4. Someone named Toby Keith. ??? The song is about a girl who doesn’t like any drink but whiskey.

First, it’s a pure country sound, so I feel like throwing up. Second, if I ever met a girl like that I’d run quick. I’ve never seen a person who drinks a lot of whiskey that was very stable. Usually a whiskey drinker will tend to be a fighter too. Third, who’s supposed to believe that a fancy girl like Amy wouldn’t prefer wine or some light beer over whiskey anyway? (Champagne anyone?) I’m not buying it.

Damn, I hate when people I like show up in places I detest.

Ok, it's time to crash for the night. I changed the cannel and there's Sandra Bullock. Cool! But the joy is short lived. It's Speed 2. Bleech! Just reinforces my earlier point.

Good night all.

6 comments:

SJ said...

(*soft cough, clears throat*)....I'm a whiskey drinker, Bob...

Me said...

Love Toby. Hated Amy. Was wishing they had a better model for the video. ;)
I don't care for the song personally too much... but I like the part about the tatoo.

Yankeebob said...

Sorry Ian. No insult intended. I've had some pretty bad experiences with whiskey and people who drink only whiskey. The girl in the video was running around with a Jack Daniels bottle. Rough stuff in large quantities.

SJ said...

I just get sleepy when I drink whiskey. But I love country music too (um, all the time not just when I drink). But only "real" country, not that modern Billy Ray Cyrus type stuff.

Cindy-Lou said...

Is it ok to run around with a bottle of Cuervo?

Yankeebob said...

Cuervo! Yum!