Friday, December 03, 2004

YB Likes The Young Chicks

Yep, Yankeebob was doing his best Nina impression tonight. I had the young chicks all over me. Problem was they were waaay too young. The first babe was probably 3 years old. She did find me quite fascinating though. At least Nina waited for 11 year olds to show up.

Nicci and I went out for dinner. (Not my idea. Spaghettio's were my craving tonight.) While sitting waiting for our table a mother came in with 3 little girls. They ended up sitting near us waiting too. The littlest girl, an adorable blond cutie, was on her Mom's lap to start with when she noticed the 'eyes' I was giving her. Yep, it's one of my weaknesses. I can't resist playing with little kids, especially in very public settings. Anyway, she looked over at me and my first reaction was to cross my eyes at her. She wasn't sure what to think at first. She buried her face in her Moms sleeve to hide, trying to decide about the weird guy making faces at her. And then the inevitable happened; she peeked at me again.

This time I gave her the crossed eyes and the stuck out tongue. She immediatlely started giggling and buried her face in her Moms sleeve again. The giggle was the hint I needed. I knew I had her now so when she peeked again, I gave her my super-secret kid magnet weapon. I have this thing I do where I cross my eyes and then roll them straight up, outward to the left, straight down till they're crossed again, back up and all the way around right and back to crossed again. Kids get a kick out of it. Well, once she saw that she was off Mom's lap sitting beside me giggling and begging for another show. Her Mom was surprised at first but was relieved to find out that it was just a bigger kid having fun with her little girl. She laughed and said "I wondered what was going on." The whole family was pretty nice, but the little one was hooked on YB and his magic eyes.

Sadly, our table was ready and we had to go. While we were having dinner, a family of 4, Mom, Dad and, guess what, 2 more little girls! were seated at the table next to us. The girls were maybe 3 & 2 years old. (I suck at ages, but I think it's close.) The one facing me kept staring at me, so taking that as an invitation, (what else?) I licked my spoon and stuck it onto the end of my nose. As I took my hands away and the spoon stayed there, the little girls eyes got really big and round and her mouth formed a perfect O. It was so funny seeing her react. She started pointing at me. Both her parents turned to look just as I added the crossed eyes routine. (No, the spoon didn't stay in place during the whole eyes routine. I wish.) They had a good laugh too. Then I borrowed one of her crayons (blue) and drew a nice cartoon character for her. It was a funny looking Baseball guy with a Yankee hat on. (What? You expected something else?) I hope she keeps it and some day becomes a Yankee fan.

I kept up the entertainment until their food arrived and then quit. They were there to feed their young, after all. I was worried a bit that the little girl might not want to eat and would just want to play some more, but I didn't have to. Apparently she was starving because when the food arrived, she had no more interest in anything else. Whew! Dodged another bullet fired from a non-appreciative parent.

All in all, it was a sucessful night. I now have 2 young admirers somewhere in the world. It's a good feeling to know they are out there somewhere. I just hope they don't expect that kind of thing every time their parents take them out. That would suck for the parents.

3 comments:

Cindy-Lou said...

YB, you are awesome.

grace said...

you know, it's people like you that make children misbehave in restaurants!

okay, kidding. :P i thought it was really cute, but everyone was giving you love... someone had to be the cold-hearted bitch here!!! :P

Yankeebob said...

Thanks Grace, you are the one who keeps us balanced.